Artistic director:Aleksandr Ivanovich Mishin
Maksim Vladimirovich Krokhin
January 27, 1929 in Nizhny Novgorod in the House of Culture. Sverdlova performances: “The Outlet of Parsley”, “Negro Thin” and “Stepka – Rastrepka” opened “The Petrushka Theater” – the so-called then the Nizhny Novgorod Puppet Theater.
The sources of the theater were Tatiana Ivanovna Yavorovskaya, the first art director and George Apolinarevich Yavorovsky, the first director. Their creative credo – “a fantastic love for the doll and its right to an artistic life” – carefully preserved to this day actors of different generations of the theater.
The theater successfully cooperates with modern playwrights (exclusive plays and scripts are written), with Nizhny Novgorod and not only composers, artists, who have always been the pride of the theater. The theater tours, participates in festivals.